In today’s Tip Tuesday, part two of our TC Citadel series, we will go over setting up recurring payments. Recurring payments are a great benefit to many organizations that provide a subscription service such as: Web Hosting, Magazines, Non-Profit Payment Solutions, and so forth. TC Citadel’s recurring payments make it easy for an organization to set up a subscription type payment that will automatically deduct the funds from a customer’s credit card or checking account. This can be done within the TC Vault® or via our API, TC Link®. Here, you’ll learn how to configure a recurring payment within the TC Vault.
- From within the TC Vault, select TC Citadel from the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click on the Billing ID Tab
- Enter the customer’s card information (card number, expiration date, billing address, email address and phone number). Include any TC Citadel Custom Field information under the Discretionary Field section.
Configure the Payment Cycle
- Next, under the Payment Type drop down menu, select recurring payment.
- Bill Every allows you to determine how frequently the card will be charged. Select days, weeks, months or years.
- For Installment Payments, enter the Total Number of Payments.
- In the Payment Amount field, enter the amount in which the Customer is to be charged.
- In the Start Billing On or Start Billing in field, select a date when the payments should start or you can have TC Citadel begin charging a set amount of Days, weeks, months or years.
- Click “Create Billing ID”.
How to Update
Please note, as with all Billing IDs, you can update the record, if needed. For example, enter a new Card Number, change the Expiration Date, Update the address information, change billing amount or billing schedule at any time. When you no longer need a Billing ID, simply unstore it.