Did you know that within the TrustCommerce Vault you can create a simple report to find payments submitted within a defined period of time? Or, pull a report for daily declines? Or, view a quick monthly summary of transactions by card type? It’s easy with TC Reporting.
The TC Vault Report generator has been enhanced over the years with our Merchants’ input to continually provide the most comprehensive, easy-to-use reporting tool available. In this quick tip column, I’ll show you how to use the Standard Reporting tool.
- Login to the TC Vault with your TrustCommerce Customer or User ID.
- Select Reporting from the left-hand navigation menu.
You’ll see a tabbed interface. The first three tabs let you run Standard Reports. I’ll provide tips on the Dynamic Reporting tool in a future article.
- From the Search page, select the criteria to populate your report:
You will see several sections where you can input transaction details. You don’t have to fill in all sections, simply choose what you need. Here are the different ways to configure your report.
Timeline: Select your timeline for your report. You can select quick dates such as Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Week, This Month, Last Month. Or, select Other to use our easy calendar to choose your timeline.
Cardholder Information: Here is where you input the cardholder details.
- Credit Card Number: You can enter the full card number (if applicable) or last four of a card
- Name: Cardholder name associated with the transaction(s)
- Amount: Amount of the transaction(s)
Type: Here you will select the type of card(s) you are looking for, such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc.
Action: These are the different types of actions that have been performed:
- Sale: Authorization and Capture
- Preauth: Authorization of a transaction (Postauth required to capture funds)
- Postauth: Capture of an Authorization (Preauth required)
- Void: Releasing of funds back to a same-day transaction
- Credit: Releasing funds back to a cardholder for a previous transaction
- Chargeback: Merchants can update transactions within TC Vault to indicate any Chargebacks.
Entry Mode: Manual Entry or Card Swiped
- Approved: Transactions was approved be card issuer (A secondary action may be required if authorization was a Preauth)
- Declined: The card was declined for any number of reasons, such as (Declined by Card Issuer, Invalid CVV, Insufficient Funds, Invalid AVS, and so on)
Other Categories: You can search by ticket number, operator name, or other fields depending on your TC Vault Setup
- Once you’ve entered your report criteria, select Summary Report or Chain report to run the report. Summary Reports display top-level “roll-up” information, including transaction counts and dollar totals. A chain is a series of transactions that are linked to one another. Chain Reports allow you to view the top of each chain and drill down into chain detail. Or, clear the and start from scratch.
That’s all there is to it. It’s easy to master this tool. What are you waiting for?