About the Company
Sphere, powered by TrustCommerce, is a leading provider of end-to-end integrated payments, security software, payments gateway and merchant acquiring products and services. Sphere serves a variety of companies from large, complex enterprises to small local businesses across a range of end-markets, including healthcare, restaurant, retail, parking, education, transportation, and insurance. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced environment where we are dedicated to helping our employees succeed, as well as offer a generous benefits package including a no-waiting-period health insurance program.
The Underwriting Analyst is responsible for resolving ACH & underwriting related issues in a timely manner and conducting various tasks with the goal of maximizing approval opportunities as well as aiding in a variety of departmental tasks.
- Perform KYC underwriting for the small to medium size businesses, as well as low risk enterprise merchant account submissions
- Perform high level underwriting due diligence for higher risk accounts (to include financial statement analysis)
- Work fluidly with sales department for optimum company results while meeting understood sponsor bank and card scheme requirements
- Manage underwriting e-mail to include all correspondence and timely follow-up with sponsor bank and merchants.
- Manage internal daily ACH billing reject file and all associated tasks to out perform budgeted loss mitigation goals
- Manage daily check services ACH reject process
- Document all processes performed for departmental reference guide
- Ad-hoc projects and eventual backup to Risk department
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in the payments environment preferred but not required
- Efficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- TSYS, Jack Henry ACH, and Aperia systems experience preferred
- Problem solving and organizational skills required
- Ability to communicate well with clients and sales agents both written and verbally
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in a high-speed environment
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with solid financial and analytical skills
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred