About the Company
Sphere, powered by TrustCommerce, is a leading provider of end-to-end integrated payments, security software, payments gateway and merchant acquiring products and services. Sphere serves a variety of companies from large, complex enterprises to small local businesses across a range of end-markets, including healthcare, restaurant, retail, parking, education, transportation, and insurance. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced environment where we are dedicated to helping our employees succeed, as well as offer a generous benefits package including a no-waiting-period health insurance program.
Under the direction of SVP, Technology, the Systems Administrator will be responsible for technological business continuity, resiliency, and resumption as achieved through the administration of Linux-based systems and software. The incumbent will be expected to be highly proficient in all aspects of systems administration in security-oriented, Linux-based, managed server environments. Applicant will be expected to demonstrate their capabilities throughout the interviewing process.
- 5+ Years of experience and equivalent expertise in Linux
- Experience in linux security hardening
- Experience in networking (Cisco Preferred)
- Experience in SQL Databases and SQL (PostgreSQL Preferred)
- Proficiency in Shell Scripting (Bash Preferred)
- Proficiency in Perl, Python, PHP, or Ruby (Perl Preferred)
- Availability and Willingness to Perform Duties During Extended/Off Hours
- Proficiency in English, Both in Verbal and Written Form
- Solutions and Results Oriented
- Passionate Technologist, Always Interested in Internals
- Enjoys Dynamic, Fast-Paced Environments
Note: Successful applicants must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen