About the Company
TrustCommerce, a leading provider of secure payment processing, develops and maintains technology-oriented merchant service solutions in the electronic payment and risk management industry to accommodate merchants of all sizes. We offer a dynamic, fast paced environment where we are dedicated to helping our employees succeed, as well as offer a generous benefits package including a no-waiting-period health insurance program.
The Strategic Partner Channel Sales Executive will be responsible for business development and partner sales. The ideal candidate will source contacts and develop partnerships within the ISV SMB space. This person will promote and generate TrustCommerce awareness to create and sustain a consistent referral stream of customers through these partnerships. The individual will have a strong understanding of the payments space, have the ability to work well independently, and have demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills. This position will require an individual to successfully engage potential partners at the appropriate C-levels. Top candidates must possess and maintain an extensive knowledge base of the electronic payment industry. The primary functions of this role are to source and execute partnerships with ISV’s which create merchant services leads.
This position requires 40% travel as needed.
- Generate leads and prospects, and executes referral partnership agreements with ISV’s
- Structure partnerships, negotiate contracts, and establish sales strategies with partners to drive additional revenue opportunities
- Effectively manage the entire sales cycle from lead generation to close, using a consultative sales approach
- Work closely with the Chief of Sales, SMB to communicate program details and marketing initiatives with partners
- Execute on strategies to position Trust Commerce offerings into the partner market in an effective way
- Achieve corporate targets and objectives
- Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgement in resolving issues; or in making recommendations
- Must be sales-driven, money motivated, and possess an excellent work ethic
- Need an outgoing personality that is not afraid to be in front of clients
- Highly self-motivated, personable, aggressive, energetic, and creative
- Strong closing skills and sense of urgency to push business forward within aggressive timeframes in support of the overall strategy and revenue growth targets
- Professional presence required and ability to effectively interface with executives
- Ability to listen to prospects, understand their needs and determine how we can help them achieve their goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Computer skills including proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and E-mail.
Education and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a similar business development role in the merchant acquiring industry is preferred
- Subject matter expertise in merchant acquiring industry products and services
- Ability to clearly communicate merchant acquiring concepts, including interchange fees, pricing schedules, underwriting risk and compliance standards, and key benefits offered to potential partners
- Effective communicator with strong presentation, relationship building, and negotiation skills
- Proven track record in performing well in fast-paced environment and ability to handle multiple priorities and work aggressively to achieve growth
- Strong partnering and influencing skills and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Strong financial/competitive analysis skills and ability to make critical decisions independently