About the Company
TrustCommerce, a leading provider of secure payment processing, develops and maintains technology-oriented merchant service solutions in the electronic payment and risk management industry to accommodate merchants of all sizes. We offer a dynamic, fast paced environment where we are dedicated to helping our employees succeed, as well as offer a generous benefits package including a no-waiting-period health insurance program.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (CORE) reports directly to the CORE Software Quality Manager and is responsible for qualifying complex backend software components for production release.
This position requires proficiency with operating in dedicated Linux environments to complete backend functional testing, performance/load testing, and automation development. The Senior Quality Engineer will work closely with other test engineers and Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) to support the delivery of previously released and newly developed software, and to ensure all TrustCommerce CORE systems meet and exceed marketing requirements, technical specifications, and customer expectations.
- Follow prescribed software quality policies and practices to perform testing on assigned TrustCommerce software
- Create, review and interpret test plans to ensure proper test planning with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Participate in test strategy definition and recommend implementation improvements in testing methodology
- Identify, document and manage software defects from discovery through verification
- Participate in daily meetings, research defect root cause analysis and reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent (relevant experience may be substituted)
- Proficiency with dedicated Linux environments is required (Linux distributed system configuration preferred)
- 5-10 years of professional software testing experience with 3-5 years of automation development experience
- Proficient in scripting languages and working knowledge of high level programming languages
- Experience with replicated Database/SQL (Postgres/Slony preferred)
- Experience with defect tracking/test management systems (Bugzilla, Testopia preferred)
- Must exhibit excellent organization, time management, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading small quality teams on large or specialized projects preferred
- Experience with Slony replication for PostgreSQL preferred
- Knowledge of e-commerce and the payment industry preferred
- Knowledge of software test methodologies and automated development practices and principles
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and software test life cycle (STLC)
- Highly organized and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision