About the Company
Sphere, powered by TrustCommerce, is a leading provider of end-to-end integrated payments, security software, payments gateway and merchant acquiring products and services. Sphere serves a variety of companies from large, complex enterprises to small local businesses across a range of end-markets, including healthcare, restaurant, retail, parking, education, transportation, and insurance. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced environment where we are dedicated to helping our employees succeed, as well as offer a generous benefits package including a no-waiting-period health insurance program.
This role will assist the Director of Human Resources with a wide variety of tasks to ensure the HR department’s operations run smoothly and effectively within the satellite office location. The Human Resources Generalist will mainly be focused on recruiting efforts for the organization. Additionally, this role will also be expected to support other necessary HR functions such as reporting, compliance, benefits administration, and on/off boarding of employees. Due to the diversity of responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will be a competent and resourceful individual with a passion to support.
- Sourcing Talent – Assist managers in creating job descriptions, post requisitions, advertise openings, and proactively identify and attract quality candidates.
- Recruiting – Review incoming resumes, forward qualified candidates to hiring manager, conduct initial phone interviews if requested, and schedule interviews for hiring managers
- Act as the first point of contact for third party recruiting agencies
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Handles all pre-employment screening including background, drug, and I9 verification.
- Prepares new hire packets, administers new hire orientations, and correctly enters new hire information into the required systems.
- Provides recommendations as needed to improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of the recruiting and/or onboarding process.
Compliance and Administration:
- Maintains both active and terminated personnel files
- Ensure employee bulletin boards in specific areas are up to date with all labor law postings, current announcements, etc.
- Responsible for processing and completion of any required state documentation for LOA, unemployment, and disability claims.
- System maintenance for all benefit provider employer portals
- Assist in administrating COBRA as directed
- Support and coordinate the investigation and flow of information between company benefit providers, brokers, and insurance carriers
- Assist Director of HR in administration of Open Enrollment
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Assist with voluntary and involuntary terminations as needed
- Provides support to the HR Director in dealing with resolution of employee relations’ issues and assists with investigations as necessary
- Work with HR Director to facilitate annual performance reviews
- Provide useful HR metrics like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- 2-3 Years of HR administration/generalist experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively as necessary.
- Display a high level of integrity, confidentiality, honesty, and reliability
- Detailed oriented; organized with a sense of urgency
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Sound judgement, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of current federal and state employment, wage and labor laws
- Up to 30% travel may be required
- Full Time
- 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, office environment
- Based in Irving, Texas office
Note: Successful applicants must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen