About the Company
Sphere, a leading provider of secure payment processing, develops and maintains technology-oriented merchant service solutions in the electronic payment industry to accommodate merchants of all sizes. We offer a dynamic, fast paced environment where we are dedicated to helping our employees succeed, as well as offer a generous benefits package including a no-waiting-period health insurance program.
The ISV Partner Channel Director of Business Development sources contacts and develops partnerships with ISVs that will generate new SMB payments customers for Sphere. This person will promote and generate Sphere awareness to create and sustain a consistent stream of customers through these partnerships. The individual will have a strong understanding of the payments space, have the ability to work well independently, and have demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills. This position will require an individual to successfully engage potential partners at the appropriate C-levels. Top candidates must possess and maintain an extensive knowledge base of the electronic payments industry.
- Identifies and contacts potential ISV partners to present the Sphere program.
- Prepare and present Sphere program proposals, pricing and capabilities to prospective ISV partners
- Structures partnerships, negotiates contracts, and establishes sales strategies with partners to drive additional revenue opportunities
- Effectively manage the entire sales cycle from lead generation to close, using a consultative sales approach
- Works closely with the product and sales engineering teams to present technical capabilities to ISVs.
- Executes on strategies to position Sphere into the partner market in an effective way
- Achieve corporate targets and objectives
- Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgement in resolving issues or in making recommendations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be sales-driven, possess an excellent work ethic, and have an outgoing personality that is comfortable in front of clients
- Highly self-motivated, personable, aggressive, energetic, and creative
- Professional presence required and ability to effectively interface with executives
- Ability to listen to prospects, understand their needs and determine how we can help them achieve their goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Computers skills including proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and E-mail.
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a similar business development role in the merchant acquiring industry is preferred
- Subject matter expertise in merchant acquiring industry products and services
- Ability to clearly communicate merchant acquiring concepts, including interchange fees, pricing schedules, underwriting risk and compliance standards, and key benefits offered to potential partners
- Effective communicator with strong presentation, relationship building, and negotiation skills
- Proven track record in performing well in fast-paced environment and ability to handle multiple priorities and work aggressively to achieve growth
- Strong partnering and influencing skills and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Strong closing skills and sense of urgency to push business forward within aggressive timeframes in support of the overall strategy and revenue growth targets
- Strong financial/competitive analysis skills and ability to make critical decisions independently
- Ability to travel up to 40% as needed
- Melville, NY ideal
- Full Time, Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30