TC IPA® can reduce or eliminate third-party systems from PCI scope and process MSR and EMV transactions seamlessly via Electronic Health Record applications.
SANTA ANA, California, December 14, 2016 — Known for its leadership in providing secure payment processing solutions, TrustCommerce today announced the production release of EMV transaction processing for TC IPA® – Integrated Payment Application interfaced with Epic’s electronic health record software. TrustCommerce processes over $5.6 billion annually for 300+ Healthcare clients.
TC IPA is TrustCommerce’s new cloud-based solution that provides a semi-integrated payment processing environment for healthcare organizations of any size, such as multiple hospital systems, academic facilities and medical centers, children’s hospitals, clinics, outpatient centers, and more. It supports EMV and MSR transactions seamlessly. The solution reduces, if not eliminates, PCI scope as the Primary Account Number (PAN) data will never go through the third-party software. Information passed through the client network is encrypted and non-readable.
TC IPA is integrated with Epic Resolute to support EMV chip card transactions. Benefits include:
- The semi-integrated payment processing model lets clients complete EMV goals without the burden of having to go through a time consuming and costly EMV certification.
- Further reduces, if not eliminates, PCI scope for our clients by removing the need for other software systems to handle PCI data.
- Offers the ability to centralize payments, compliance, and EMV requirements to a single application.
In addition to TC IPA, the TrustCommerce payment engine is fully integrated to Epic modules, allowing mutual clients to accept payments through a single entry point for front and back office, online, mobile, and kiosks. This includes:
- MyChart and E-Visits
- Resolute: Professional Billing and Hospital Billing
- Welcome: Kiosks and tablets
- Willow Ambulatory
Offering multi-layered security, TrustCommerce solutions include point to point encryption (P2PE) and tokenization to reduce clients’ risk and exposure. Integrated solutions are supported in both Epic’s hosted environment and client hosted environments as well as Community Connect implementations.
TrustCommerce payment solutions have interfaced with Epic EHR software for the secure processing of patient payments since 2007.